- A damp proof course – A barrier in a masonry wall designed to resist moisture rising through the structure by capillary action such as through rising damp.
- A damp proof membrane – Polyethylene sheeting laid under a concrete slab to prevent the concrete from gaining moisture through capillary action.
- Integral damp proofing – Putting additives into the concrete mix to make the concrete itself impermeable.
- Surface coating – Using a thin waterproof material for resistance to moisture.
- Cavity wall construction – Where the interior walls are separated from the exterior walls by a cavity.
- Pressure grouting – Injecting a grout material into the structure.
- A damaged damp proof course.
- Inadequate sub-floor ventilation.
- Sub-floor obstructions.
- Poor drainage or damaged guttering and pipes.
AWS Services operate in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney.
For a FREE QUOTE, contact us on 1300 66 5325 or use our online quote form.
For Commercial and Industrial damp proofing visit www.awsservices.com.au.